Malta has topped the poll for most scenic airport approach 2016!
The poll was conducted during Feb & March 2016 by PrivateFly and received more than 7500 individual votes.
The PrivateFly CEO and experienced pilot Adam Twidell stated ''Flying into Malta is a truly special experience ... it's a tiny island that packs a big punch.''
image from CNN
Malta is well known for being a prominent film location for the popular TV series Game of Thrones and CNN quipped ''They don't have airplanes in "Game of Thrones" but if they did, there'd be no finer arrival in King's Landing than Malta Airport.''
Arriving into Malta airport from over the Mediterranean provides amazing views of the Maltese coastline and cliffs, a birdseye view of the sister islands Gozo & Comino and the spectacular sight of the walled city of Valletta.
Here are the top 10 scenic airport approaches, according to PrivateFly's 2016 survey:
1. Malta Airport, Malta
2. Nice Cote D'Azur Airport, France
3. Queenstown Airport, New Zealand
4. Barra Airport, Scotland, UK
5. Saba Airport (Juancho E Yrausquin), Caribbean Netherlands
6. Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
7. Donegal Airport, Ireland
8. St. Maarten Airport (Princess Juliana International), Caribbean
9. Los Angeles International Airport, California
10. London City Airport, UK